This should be implemented as a POC add could be added to the product at a later stage.
We could gather some performance stats during tests runs. This would allow our customers see how the changes in their code affect their application performance. There are two types of metrics we could start gathering:
- VM mem/cpu usage (to see how much resources browser is consuming)
- performance stats from the browser - for example chrome gives access to lots of performance data
Having that data we could:
- alert user when his app performance changes dramatically (perf regression)
- draw graphs how perf of the app changes over time
- give our users insight into perf of their website (they could see which parts of their webapp could need improvement etc.)
Also, we discussed that with Adam and Jonathan a bit so I bet they've got some ideas too. I heard that prospective customers John talked with were also asking about that.